3M Micropore Tape is a latex-free, hypoallergenic paper tape that is ideal for frequent dressing changes. Once removed, minimal adhesion is left behind, which reduces the potential for irritation. This microporous tape is porous for breathability and improved healing. It is available in white or tan. It is useful in both hospital and home settings. As a surgical tape, it is useful for securing wound bandages that require frequent changing. For home use, Micropore medical tape is a medical paper tape that is hypoallergenic; thereby accommodating sensitive individuals. It serves well as a home wound care bandage.
3M Micropore Tape offer physicians, caregivers and patients several advantages. This surgical tape is lightweight and breathable to promote healing. 3M Micropore Medical Tape serves as an excellent adhesive for bandaging wounds and fixing wound dressings. The adhesive leaves little or no residue, making frequent bandage changing easier and more comfortable for the patient. Micropore is hypoallergenic.
- Affixing dressings of medium size or smaller specifically to moist skin
- Attaching thin or small tubing to skin
- Adhering bags for ostomy
- Securing items to delicate, in-danger skin when recurring taping is required
Applying on Dry Skin
- Clean the skin.
- Unroll tape, being careful to touch the adhesive side as little as possible.
- Cut to the desired length.
- Do not grip tape with too much force.
- Lay tape over the desired area without stretching the tape.
- Gently run a finger over the tape several times to ensure good adhesion.
Applying on Damp Skin
- Clean the skin.
- Unroll tape and cut to length, avoiding touching the adhesive as much as possible.
- Hold tape gently.
- Lay tape over the desired area — do not put tension on the tape.
- You may desire to run a finger once lightly over the tape.